Really Right Stuff lens plates are designed for collared, telephoto lenses and precision machined from solid blocks of 6061-T6 aluminum. Fully compatible with any RRS Dovetail style quick-release system, our plates feature simple square anti-twist flanges for a perfect fit that prevents twisting between the lens foot and our plate. This quick release plate utilizes a custom machined 1/4"-20 threaded, captive-style mounting screw that threads into the tripod mounting socket of your lens foot.
L84 vs. L85
The L85 Lens Plate differs from the L84 Lens Plate in that the L85 includes two QD sockets and the mounting screw slot was shortened on both ends (from 2.65" of adjustment on the L84 down to 2.5" of adjustment on the L85. In most cases, the L85 can be used interchangeably* with the L84 for those who want to add QD socket compatibility to a lens. Customers who want to try the L85 should verify that the .25"-20 mounting socket on their device is located between 0.45" and 2.96" (11.5mm - 75.2mm) from the edge where the anti-twist flange will rest.
*The L85 lens foot is compatible with most lenses (current and discontinued).
- CNC machined 6061-T6 Aluminum
- Anodized; Type II Black
- 1.5” RRS Dovetail top and bottom
- Safety Stop screws on both ends
- Captive ?”-20 mounting screw
- Slot provides 2.5” (63.5mm) of adjustment
- (2) 1/4"-20 threaded accessory mounting socket
- (2) QD sockets
(1) L85 multi-use fore-aft plate with flange and QD Socket
(1) B107 custom 1/4"-20 captive screw
(1) 5/32" hex key for a B107 screw
(1) M2.5 hex key for M3 safety stop screws
(2) M3 safety-stop screw
(1) Plate user's guide
Weight: 1.68oz / 47.5g
Height: 0.52" / 13.2mm
Length: 3.60" / 91.4mm
Width: 1.50" / 38.1mm